Posted on May 21, 2018

S. Bilsker and Associates

Extended Medical Plan

Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) services might be covered by your extended health care plan. Great-West Life, Manulife, Green Shield, Pacific Blue Cross, Insurance, Sunlife Insurance, Pacific Blue Cross, and other insurance providers may reimburse you for the services of RCCs. Please check with your provider if your policy will cover your counselling sessions.

If they do not list “Registered Clinical Counsellor” in their policy but cover 'psychologist' or 'social worker services' it might still be possible to get your counselling services reimbursed. You might still get reimbursed if you request of your employer and/or insurance company to adjust your plan. To do this, talk to your employer, Human Resources department or insurance company and request a small change to the plan's coverage. 

Other types of coverage:

Employee Assistance Programs

Non-Insured Health Benefits for Aboriginal people or other publicly funded services

*Family Assistance Programs

*Workers Compensation Board (WCB)

* ICBC (if involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident causing anxiety and trauma you may get approval for counselling)

*Depends on your reasons for seeking counselling and requires proper approval from the company.

Get quote
Message sent. We'll get back to you soon.